You know a degree can help you build a better career. But you don’t have the time, money, or desire to attend a four-year college right now. That’s okay. In half that time—or even less—you could earn an associate degree. An associate degree program can provide you with real skills for a real career. It also shows employers that you can commit, achieve, and succeed. It can even be the first step to a bachelor’s degree.
What’s the Difference Between an Associate Degree and a Bachelor’s Degree?
The biggest difference between the two is the amount of time it takes to complete. A bachelor’s degree typically takes four years to complete, but an associate degree can be completed in two years or less. Associate degree programs also tend to focus on real-world skills you’ll need to immediately start in a new career. For example, you may want to earn an associate degree to work in trades like HVAC or Welding. An associate degree can also be valuable for careers like Medical Assisting or Medical Billing and Coding.
Because it takes less time to complete, you’ll:
- Spend Less—Since you’ll only be responsible for two years of tuition instead of four, you’ll spend less on an associate degree. Many colleges that offer associate degree also charge less per credit hour than traditional four-year universities.
- Get to Work Faster—In two years’ time, you’ll have a degree while the students enrolled in a bachelor’s program will still have two years of education to get through. While they’re still in school, you’ll be able to get to work in the field that you love.
What Associate Degrees Can I Earn?
At Charter College, we offer a variety of associate degrees to help you achieve your career goals. And they can all be completed in less than two years. Whether you want to start a career in Business, Heath Care, Information Technology, or the Trades, we’ve got a program that will help you get there:
- Business—If you’re interested in running a small business, the online Business Management program may be a good fit for you. It can be completed in as few as 14 months. If you’d rather work in the customer service or human resources side of business, Business Administration may be an even better fit. Our degree completion program can be completed in as few as 5 months.
- Health Care—We offer Allied Health and Medical Assistant degree completion programs that can be completed in as few as 5 and 7 months, respectively.
- Information Technology—Are you good with computers? We offer an associate degree in Computer Networking Systems that can be completed in 14 months and an associate degree in Cybersecurity that can be completed in as little as 15 months.
- Trades—Our Applied Technology degree will teach you the professional side of the trades. And with the approved credits you already have you can finish this degree completion program in as few as 5 months.
Are you ready to earn your degree in less than two years? Give us a call at 888-200-9942 or fill out the form to learn more.